Do you have an eye for the detail?
Do other people describe you as pedantic or an admin nerd?
Do you have fun supporting others to do their work?
Is Excel your go-to computer program of choice?
Transgender Europe is looking for a part time (60%, 24h per week) Operations Officer as of August 1st or September 1st 2017 for an initial period of two years, with a potential increase in working time to 80% (32h per week) in 2018.
Only complete application packs sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 13, 2017 noon CET will be considered.
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes trans and other organisations that support or work for the rights of all trans people across Europe. The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to be a powerful advocacy organisation for trans rights in Europe and beyond.
In order to increase diversity in our team, we encourage persons who belong to disadvantaged groups, particularly trans women and persons of colour, to apply.
The Operations Officer will be responsible to support the Senior Financial Officer and the Executive Director to ensure smooth operations of the organisation.
The Operations Officer reports to the Senior Financial Officer.
The place of work is Berlin, Germany.
Key responsibilities are to:
- support the Senior Financial Officer in their financial administration including the preparation of accountancy documents;
- provide logistical support to statutory meetings (Steering Committee, Executive Board, General Assembly, etc.), TGEU’s projects as well as seminars, meetings and trainings organised by TGEU including:
- supporting the short-listing of participants;
- booking of tickets where required;
- arranging of accommodation and catering where required;
- preparing of travel reimbursements.
- ensure smooth office operations;
- see to the membership administration which includes the billing of membership fees, updating membership list, maintaining membership and trans-info e-mail lists;
- to implement other tasks as required by the Senior Financial Officer and the Executive Director.
What you should bring:
- You should have a demonstrated record in administration work preferably including finance administration;
- You should have a high commitment to promoting the aims of TGEU;
- You should have EU citizenship, or have a work permit for Germany, or at least be eligible for a work permit in Germany.
- Vocational training in an administration related field or a university degree is highly desirable.
- At least two years of professional experience in the areas of administration, event logistic and/or finances;
- At least two years of work experience in a national or preferably international non-governmental organisation;
- Work or volunteer experience in LGBTI or human rights related fields is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Good knowledge of German;
- Knowledge in accounting or bookkeeping;;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Excel;
- Ability to support complex working processes;
- Familiarity with intercultural and international approaches;
- Ability to manage a high work load;
- Sound ability to work with individuals and diverse teams.
- A 60% (24h per week) position starting on August 1st or September 1st 2017 for an initial period of 24 months with a possibility to prolong the position contingent on availability of funding;
- A motivated team;
- The possibility to work for Europe’s leading trans human rights NGO;
- Salary of 22.320€ per annum in the first year with a salary development scheme for the following years;
- Relocation support to Berlin.
Please use the TGEU application pack which can be downloaded here:
TGEU is an equal opportunities employer and strives to avoid discrimination and less favourable treatment, including in our own procedures. Therefore, TGEU conducts a semi-anonymous application procedure in which personal details such as disability, race, ethnic origin or nationality, religion, age, place of birth, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, bodily diversity, or any other characteristics irrelevant for the qualification of an applicant, are not known to the team that shortlists candidates.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CVs. ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You will be asked to provide these at a later stage in the process.
Job interviews are scheduled to take place in early July in Berlin.
In case you have questions in relation to the application procedure, the position or TGEU please send your inquiry to email@example.com. Approaching TGEU team members directly might lead to automatic rejection of the application.
Please send your application before June 13, 2017 noon CET to firstname.lastname@example.org.