TGEU would like to invite you to participate in an Advocacy Training, which will take place from 4-6 July 2015 in Berlin. This training is organised within TGEU’s strategic objectives for capacity building.
Advocacy is a process by which activists try to influence or change political decisions, for example those taken in parliament or government ministries. Advocacy can include different activities and tools, such as meeting and briefing parliamentarians or policy makers, submitting reports or letters, or launching media campaigns.
The training will bring together activists from across the EU to learn about and discuss advocacy strategies and methods to advance and protect the rights of trans people at the national level.
The training is particularly relevant for activists from organisations that are currently engaging or planning to engage in advocacy related to national non-discrimination and equality legislation or policies.
The aim of the training is to increase participants’ understanding and skills in advocacy and advocacy methods and to thereby increase their organisation’s capacity to engage in effective national advocacy.
Profile of participants
Participants have to:
- Be an activist in an EU or EU accession country
- Have the support of their organisation for their application
- Be engaged in or responsible for their organisation’s current or planned advocacy work
- Commit to participate in the follow-up to the training
- Be able to speak and write effectively in English
- Attend the full duration of the training, i.e. arrive on July 3rd and stay until July 6th, 14:00
Reimbursement & costs
Successful applicants will have accommodation provided and travel expenses met by TGEU.
Please complete the application form by 25 May, 17:00 CET.
This event is co-funded by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Union.