Call for consultant at TGEU
TGEU is looking for an Accessibility Advisor to support the preparations for our Council 2022 in regard to physical, neurodiverse, and sensorial accessibility needs. We are looking for a consultant with strong planning and event management skills, as well as a background in disability justice and/or trans movements.
About the Council
With around 200 trans activists gathering every other year, TGEU’s European Trans Council is both a political forum and a celebration of the trans community – one of the most important meetings for the trans community in Europe and Central Asia.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, TGEU’s Board made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person 2020 Council and hold the General Assembly online. As we prepare for 2022, we are carefully considering several scenarios to bring trans activists together while best protecting our community. We are still at the early stage of the preparations, but the most probable scenario at the moment is to hold a hybrid Council in Berlin (in-person + live streaming) in early September 2022.
About the Consultancy
Timeline: January – September 2022 (monthly meetings from January to August, 3 days in September)
Location: Remote position – any location within the EU
Language requirements: English
Fees: 1.800 EUR
The Accessibility Advisor would be expected to undertake the following:
- Around 10 online meetings: assessing, advising, and supporting TGEU 8th Council’s preparations
- 1 visit of the Council’s venue and hotel to advise on the accessibility requirements (Berlin)
- 3 days of Council attendance: supervising the Council’s accessibility and (to be confirmed) coordinating the accessibility team.
To support this project, TGEU can offer the following resources:
- Expertise in organising community events, including 7 previous Councils and online events
- Key resources and outputs from a similar consultancy run in early 2020 (Council 2020; cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Regular meetings and check-in calls with TGEU’s Council team.
If you are interested, please send us an offer with a short paragrapher describing your experience in contributing to reducing barriers that D/deaf and disabled trans people might face in similar events, both in-person and virtually.
Offers are to be sent to email@example.com by 10:00 CET on Monday, 10 January 2021, with the subject ACCESSIBILITY ADVISOR.