Call for consultant at TGEU
TGEU seeks proposals for one or more contracts to support Russian-English-Russian language interpretation for a range of programs.
Deadline for applications:
31 August 2021 – 19:00 CEST
Mostly remote. The ability to travel to Berlin or other locations in the EU and Central Asia is ideal. Travel costs will be covered by TGEU.
Consultant contracts may be developed in either a monthly retainer or hourly basis depending on experience and availability.
If you are interested, please submit your offer to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2021, 19:00 CEST with TRANSLATOR in the subject line.
TGEU is a member-based organisation working primarily in Europe and Central Asia for the rights and lives of trans people. TGEU’s mission is to strengthen the rights and wellbeing of trans people in Europe and Central Asia and represents 166 member organisations in 47 countries.
Trans people across Europe and Central Asia remain at an increased risk of violence, discrimination, criminalising practices, and detention. Particularly trans sex workers, migrants, refugees, unemployed, homeless, and other marginalised groups must fight a continuous mix of systematic and individual oppression. TGEU commits to centre their voices and experiences when working to advance the rights of trans people and fight against violence and discrimination.
Interpreters will work directly with the Project Manager for Eastern Europe and Central Asia. The scope of work throughout the year shall include:
- Providing simultaneous Russian-English-Russian interpretation of online and (when feasible and safe) in-person workshops, meetings, and convenings – often of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Researching appropriate trans-specific terminology that is available online to ensure that appropriate, non-stigmatising terminology is employed.
- Recruiting additional translation or interpretation support, when needed for longer convenings and events.
- Experience working as an interpreter or doing live interpretation.
- Fluency in both English and Russian.
- Comfort or experience working with transgender people, including activists working regionally and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality interpretation, either directly or as a coordinator of other consultants.
- Availability to work in the afternoons, evenings, weekends as needed (based on Central European Time.)
- Equipment to provide online interpretation, including a laptop or desktop computer with a camera, microphone, speakers, and a consistently stable internet connection.
Interested candidates should send bids for contract, including at least two references and any rate requirements, to email@example.com with INTERPRETER in the subject line.