Call for consultant at TGEU
If you are interested, please submit your offer to email@example.com by 10 August 2021, 19:00 CEST. TGEU will assess all bids received by the deadline and award tenders on the basis of “best value for money.” Publication specifications are estimates.
TGEU is a member-based organisation working primarily in Europe and Central Asia for the rights and lives of trans people. TGEU’s mission is to strengthen the rights and wellbeing of trans people in Europe and Central Asia, and represents 166 member organisations in 47 countries.
Trans people across Europe and Central Asia remain at an increased risk of violence, discrimination, criminalising practices, and detention. Particularly trans sex workers, migrants, refugees, unemployed, homeless, and other marginalised groups have to fight a continuous mix of systematic and individual oppression. TGEU commits to centre their voices and experiences when working to advance the rights of trans people and fight against violence and discrimination.
The Policy Consultant will be working with the Policy Team, in close collaboration with the Community Building Team and the Project Manager for Eastern Europe and Central Asia. They will report to the Advocacy Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organise and implement a series of 3 online training sessions for TGEU members on the EU LGBTIQ Strategy and on recent EU-level reports on trans people’s experiences.
- Support the policy team in various tasks, such as:
- drafting submissions, interventions, research summaries;
- coordinating translations of existing documents;
- advocacy processes targeting European institutions (EU and Council of Europe); and,
- events with EU-level stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who
- Has knowledge of trans rights and the human rights framework in Europe.
- Understands the issues experienced by marginalised groups and works from an intersectional perspective.
- Is experienced at developing and holding interactive online trainings.
- Has experience carrying out research and becoming very familiar with new topics quickly.
- Is experienced at writing publications for a variety of audiences and can write about complicated issues in accessible language.
- Is able to take responsibility for planning how and when to carry out the tasks required to complete this project, and knows when to ask for input from others.
- Is experienced at writing in English.
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written). Good knowledge of another European language is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the European human rights framework is essential.
- Ability to support complex working processes.
- Intersectional understanding in approach of work.
- Highly comfortable with working with a diverse set of audiences and stakeholders.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound ability to work individually and within diverse teams.
- Indisputable work ethics.
- High sense of initiative and able to manage stressful situations.
- Commitment to TGEU values and policies
We encourage applications from trans, gender-diverse and intersex people, Black, indigenous, and Latinx people and people of colour, D/deaf and disabled people, people with a migrant background, and sex workers. TGEU encourages applications from trans women and trans feminine persons.
The offers should include
- Short letter of interest detailing how you fulfil the qualifications we seek
- References to/examples of similar work you have undertaken including copies or web links to the final products (if possible)
- Contact information for 2 references
- A budget that includes your daily fee and other envisioned costs
Questions or inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with POLICY CONSULTANT in the subject line. Please do not send degrees or diplomas. Only complete application packs will be considered. Approaching TGEU team members directly might lead to automatic rejection of the application.
21 July 2021
10 August 2021
20 August 2021
1 September 2021
Launch of the call
Deadline for receiving applications
Decision communicated to all applicants
Start of contract
Please submit your offer to email@example.com by 10 August 2021, 19:00 Central European Summer Time.