Notice of vacancy at TGEU
TGEU is looking for a 100% (40h/week) Operations/Grants Officer (OGO) to begin in February 2022 for an initial period of 24 months. The Operations/Grants Officer (OGO) will be working in the Operations team. OGO will be responsible for providing administrative, financial, and human resources services in order to ensure effective and accurate operations of the organisation in compliance with German and funder regulations.
This position is located in Berlin, Germany. Due to COVID relocation challenges and funding restrictions, preference may be given to applicants who are eligible to work in Germany; however, all are welcome to apply.
Applications sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 February 2022, 19:00 Central European Time, will be considered.
TGEU is a member-based organisation working primarily in Europe and Central Asia for the rights and lives of trans people. TGEU’s mission is to strengthen the rights and wellbeing of trans people in Europe and Central Asia, and represents 183 member organisations in 47 countries. We are seeking someone who loves administrative work and is committed to TGEU’s vision of a world free from discrimination where gender diversity is celebrated, where trans people are valued, and where trans movements are self-aware, intersectional, and evolving to meet the needs of a diverse and resilient community.
The Operations/Grants Officer will:
- Support administrative, financial and human resource tasks in the organisation
- Provide support to staff in resolving operational issues and problems
- Work closely with staff and contractors to lead and implement organisational policies and processes.
- Manage grant application and reporting calendar.
- Support in-house accounting.
- Support the process of procurements.
- Follow legal compliance for charitable organisations in Germany.
- Provide support for visa/work procedures to staff and participants in trainings/conferences.
Who we are looking for
- Fluent command of written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Multi-tasking and time management capability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to TGEU values and policies.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or Finance (highly desirable).
- Ability to understand and comply with German association and employment law.
- Experience of working in an local or international NGO (desirable).
- Fluency in Russian and/or German.
- Experience working within trans communities and/or organisations.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good organisational skills.
What we offer
- A 100% (40 hours per week) position for an initial period of 24 months.
- The possibility to work for the European and Central Asian trans movement – and truly make a difference.
- 24 days of holiday per year.
- Full healthcare plan.
- Starting salary of 43,857€ per year, with 5% increase after one year.
- Up to 3000€ toward relocation support to Berlin, Germany.
- Access arrangements depending on the needs of the employee.
- Counselling/coaching sessions.
- German classes, if desired.
Accessibility of TGEU’s office
TGEU’s offices are partially accessible for wheelchair users: there is a steep ramp from the street down to the elevator; once inside, all the rooms are situated on one level and the office doors and corridors are very wide; the toilets are on the same level but the doors are too narrow to allow access when using a wheelchair.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume or CV, and two references to email@example.com with OPERATIONS/GRANTS OFFICER in the subject line by 7 February 2022, 19:00 Central European Time, will be considered.
Top candidates will be asked to complete a pre-interview exercise. Anonymised CVs are welcome, but please do not send degrees or diplomas.
Launch of the call: 20 January 2022
Deadline for receiving applications: 7 February 2022
Interviews: 10-11 February 2022
Decision: 15 February 2022
Start of position: March 2022 or ASAP
TGEU is an equal opportunities employer striving to avoid discrimination and increase representation and expertise from underrepresented groups on the team. Therefore, TGEU encourages trans and/or queer; black people and people of colour; D/deaf and disabled people; people with a migration background; sex workers; trans women and gender-non-conforming people; people from Eastern Europe and Central Asia; people living with HIV, to apply and mention their backgrounds and experiences in their application. We guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
Please send your application before 7 February 2022, 19:00, Central European Time.