TGEU is looking for a 50% (20h/week), with a possibility of increasing up to 80%, Operations Officer (OpO) to begin August/September 2023 for an initial period of 24 months. The Operations Officer will work in the Operations team. OpO will be responsible for providing administrative and financial services in order to ensure effective and accurate operations of the organisation in compliance with German and funder regulations.
This position is located in Berlin, Germany.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by 15 June 2023, 19:00 CET.
TGEU is the largest member-based organisation for focussed on trans people in Europe and Central Asia. TGEU’s mission is to strengthen the rights and wellbeing of trans people in , and represents 200 member organisations in 47 countries. We are seeking someone who loves administrative work and is committed to TGEU’s vision of a world free from discrimination where gender diversity is celebrated, where trans people are valued, and where trans movements are self-aware, intersectional, and evolving to meet the needs of a diverse and resilient community.
The Operations Officer will:
- Support administrative and financial tasks in the organisation
- Support in-house accounting (in DATEV) and financial reporting
- Follow legal compliance for charitable organisations in Germany
Who we are looking for
Required qualifications and experience
- Fluent command of written and spoken English and German
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Multi-tasking and time management capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to TGEU values and policies
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or Finance (highly desirable)
- Experience in DATEV accounting
- Ability to understand and comply with German association and employment law
- Experience of working in an local or international NGO (desirable)
- Experience working within trans communities and/or organisations
- Good organisational skills
What we offer
- 50% (20 hours per week), with possibility of extending to 80%, position for an initial period of 24 months
- Possibility to work for the European and Central Asian trans movement – and truly make a difference
- 24 days of holiday per year
- Full healthcare plan
- Starting salary of 21,929€ per year (for 50%-20 hours per week), with 5% increase after one year
- Access arrangements depending on the needs of the employee
- Counselling/coaching sessions
TGEU office accessibility
TGEU’s offices are partially accessible for wheelchair users: there is a steep ramp from the street down to the elevator; once inside, all the rooms are situated on one level and the office doors and corridors are very wide; the toilets are on the same level but the doors are too narrow to allow access when using a wheelchair.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume or CV, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with OPERATIONS OFFICER in the subject line by 15 June 2022, 19:00 CET.
Top candidates will be asked to complete a pre-interview exercise. Anonymised CVs are welcome, but please do not send degrees or diplomas.
Call launch: 25 May 2023
Applications deadlin: 15 June 2023
Interviews: 19 – 22 June 2023
Decision: 3 – 7 July 2023
Start of position: August/September 2023
TGEU is an equal opportunities employer striving to avoid discrimination and increase representation and expertise from underrepresented groups on the team. Therefore, TGEU encourages trans and/or queer; black people and people of colour; D/deaf and disabled people; people with a migration background; sex workers; trans women and gender-non-conforming people; people from Eastern Europe and Central Asia; people living with HIV, to apply and mention their backgrounds and experiences in their application. We guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
Please send your application before 15 June 2023, 19:00, CET.