Transgender Europe (TGEU) has a part-time consultancy available for a Refugee Network Consultant. Please share with your networks and consider applying!
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European-based umbrella organisation supporting, fighting, and advocating for the rights of trans people across Europe and Central Asia. TGEU is committed to intersectional justice and trans rights through advocacy, campaigning, researching, community building, and networking with alliances. The organisation represents more than 152 members organisations in 46 countries.
Consultant – Refugee Network
TGEU requests bids for a contractor to help develop a network of trans refugee organisations, activists, and other stakeholders working with trans refugees and asylum seekers in the European Union.
Timeline of Consultancy: November – December 2020 (2 months) with possible extension
Location: Remote position – any location within the EU considered
Language Requirements: English
Estimated Budget: Up to 5.000€
Deadline: 01 October 2020
Starting: 01 November 2020 or earlier
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Consultant’s scope of work shall include:
- Identifying EU activists, organisations, and other stakeholders working with and/or advocating for trans refugees and asylum seekers.
- Convening a meeting with activists, organisations, and other stakeholders working with trans refugees and asylum seekers to assess the interest and priorities for a Refugee Network.
- Providing written recommendations to the TGEU executive director regarding the Refugee Network’s potential direction and focus.
- Deliverables: Conduct one meeting and provide agenda, participant list, minutes and report by 18 December 2020.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with refugee, asylum, and/or trans organisations
- Understanding of the needs of trans immigrants and asylum seekers
- Should have connections to trans refugee networks
- Strong relationship building, facilitation, and written/oral communications skills
As required by the “Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme” of the European Commission, TGEU will assess all bids and award the tender on the basis of “best value for money” before the middle of October. Your offer should at least include your qualifications, the number of days you estimate to work on the project, a daily rate, and your methodology and process ideas.
In order to increase representation and expertise in our work, we especially encourage trans people, Black and indigenous people and people of colour, D/deaf and disabled people, sex workers, people with a migration background, and trans women and gender-diverse people to apply. We support applicants to mention their background and experiences in their application, and we guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
Deadline for submission of bids: 01 October 2020 – 14:00 CET (Berlin time).
Please send bids directly to email@example.com.