Call for consultant at TGEU
TGEU is seeking a contractor or team to redesign our website.
TGEU wishes to optimise our website to better meet the needs of staff, Board, members, and other key stakeholders. We hope to have a website that is more efficient and useful to users, with a responsive design, and accessible for people with disabilities and those who do not read English.
Our current website is built on WordPress. The contractor or team should develop a theme, plugins, and whatever is necessary to fit the specifications listed below. In addition, the contractor or team should identify and understand the users’ needs to help inform the website design process.
The contractor or team will work under the supervision of and report to TGEU Senior Communications Officer. They should be able to work independently and communicate with TGEU in a timely manner.
Timeline: October 2022 – March 2023
Location: Remote position – anywhere within the EU
Language requirements: English
Maximum cost: 15.000 EUR, including VAT
The development will be divided into two stages:
Year 1. Research and redesign
The contractor will review external audits, assess the current website, and conduct user research to make a set of recommendations and proposals to better inform the development of the new website. The contractor will then redesign the website to be/have:
- Responsive design, optimised for desktop, tablet, and mobile use
- Multilingual (automatic translation with possibility of editing)
- As compatible as possible with TGEU’s Style Guide (provided by TGEU)
- Compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
Year 2. New functions and launch
Once the website redesign is done, the contractor will add a few functionalities to the website, such as:
- Section to search for resources and filter them by type and topic
- Members’ area, map, and search, including integration with CiviCRM
- Possibility to embed social media posts
- Country profile pages that include information from different databases
At the end of the project, the contractor should deliver a design system and guidelines to be followed by TGEU staff.
TGEU will assess all bids received by the deadline and award tenders on the basis of “best value for money.” Specifications are for guidance only.
If you are interested, please send us an offer including:
- short letter of interest, including contact details of two references;
- portfolio/samples of your previous relevant work;
- timeline of the website development;
- financial offer.
Offers are to be sent to email@example.com by 18:00 CEST on Monday, 5 September 2022, with the subject WEB DESIGN.
Due to funding restrictions for this project, we can only consider bids from individuals or teams based in the European Union.
We encourage applications from trans, gender-diverse and intersex people, Black, indigenous and Latinx people and people of colour, D/deaf and disabled people, people with a migrant background, and sex workers.
Please send your application before 5 September 2022, 18:00 Central European Summer Time.