TGEU is seeking web developers or teams to create an interactive trans rights map.
Up to now, TGEU’s annual Trans Rights Index and Maps have been published mainly in pdf form. We wish to develop a clear and accessible interactive index with thematic maps that would facilitate the visualisation of trans rights in Europe and Central Asia.
Due to funding restrictions for this project, we can only consider bids from individuals or teams based in the European Union.
The offer should include:
- short letter of interest, including contact details of two references;
- portfolio/samples of your previous relevant work;
- financial offer (please include the cost and an estimate of the time it will take to produce).
TGEU will assess all bids received by the deadline and award tenders on the basis of “best value for money.” Specifications are for guidance only.
The dates for the map development are March – April 2021, as the map will be launched in mid-May.
- Interactive index and map of Europe and Central Asia linking to 54 country pages listing information in 30 categories plus additional information
- Accessible for screenreaders, including accessible fonts and colours
- New URL or subdomain of tgeu.org (likely in WordPress)
- Responsive cross-platform design (mobiles, computers, and tablets)
- Bilingual site (EN/RU)
- Automatised data export in Excel
- Automatised generated charts
- Filtering and sorting options
- Maps should be easily shareable:
- exportable as PDF (overview per category and country data sheets)
- exportable as 1:1 images
We encourage applications from trans, gender-diverse and intersex people, Black, indigenous and Latinx people and people of colour, D/deaf and disabled people, people with a migrant background, and sex workers.
Bids under this call must be submitted to email@example.com by 11 March 2021, 12:00 CET.