TGEU Notice of Vacancy:
Communications Internship with TGEU
Only complete application packs sent by e-mail to email@example.com before April 19, 2017, 12:00 noon CET will be considered.
Download application pack: http://tgeu.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/TGEU-ApplicationPack-Internship2017.doc
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is looking for candidates for a six months Communications Internship with TGEU starting no later than June 1, 2017.
The intern will be working from TGEU’s office in Berlin, Germany.
TGEU is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes trans and other organisations that support or work for the rights of all trans people across Europe. The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to continue to advocate for trans rights in Europe and beyond.
The Intern will be working predominantly together with TGEU’s Communications Officer to support the implementation of TGEU’s campaigns for the 2017 Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR) as well as the International Action Day for Trans Depathologisation (Depath Action Day). The communications intern will also develop and maintain TGEU’s photo and video archive.
This work will include several different activities, such as:
- supporting TGEU’s TDoR and Depath Action Day campaigns through
- input to the development of campaign materials
- working with TGEU members on national/local TDoR campaigns
- providing campaign logistics
- social media outreach
- other tasks relating
- support TGEU’s Communications Officer in putting together the newsletter, and
- preparing designs and content for social media, and
- developing and maintaining TGEU’s photo and video archive.
The role will include both administrative and content-related work and might require some international travel.
Who are we looking for?
For this internship, we are looking for an activist who has been involved either in a volunteer or professional capacity with national or local trans, as well as LGBT organisations and groups and has some experience in the field of communications or campaigning.
As our ideal intern, you would have the following profile:
- you are highly committed to the aims of TGEU and their promotion,
- you have proven experience in communication, media work or campaigning, or a University or College degree or equivalent education,
- you have worked (volunteer or paid) in a national or local non-governmental organisation or group, and
- you have work or volunteer experience in trans organisations or groups or LGBTI and/or human rights related fields.
Additionally, you should have;
- excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written), and
- knowledge of another European language, and
- experience in graphic design and/or photography and/or video editing.
It would be a big plus
- if you are familiar with intercultural, international and intersectional approaches, and
- would be able to work individually and within diverse teams, and
- can communicate fluently in Spanish, and/or Russian, and/or French.
- A full-time internship (40h per week) position starting as soon as possible after the selection of the candidate but no later than June 1, 2017 until December 31, 2017
- A motivated team that will allow you to implement your own ideas
- The possibility to work for Europe’s leading trans human rights NGO
- Compensation of 1.532€ per month
- Some relocation support to Berlin
Please use the TGEU application pack, which can be downloaded here:
TGEU is an equal opportunities employer and strives to avoid discrimination and less favourable treatment, including in our own procedures.
We encourage persons who belong to disadvantaged groups to apply. In order to increase gender diversity in our team we will give preference to trans women in the hiring process provided they have equivalent qualification.
Due to the relatively short nature of the internship, TGEU cannot offer this internship to persons who do not hold a work permit for the EU, because obtaining a work permit takes between two and four months.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CVs. ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You may be asked to provide these at a later stage in the process.
Job interviews are preliminarily scheduled to take place through skype or phone in the first week of May 2017.
In case you have questions in relation to the application procedure, the position or TGEU please send your inquiry exclusively to firstname.lastname@example.org. Approaching TGEU team members directly might lead to automatic rejection of the application.
Please send your application before April 19, 2017, 12:00 noon CET to email@example.com.