TGEU Notice of Vacancy:
Communications Officer for TGEU
Only complete application packs sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 4, 2015 noon CET will be considered.
Transgender Europe is looking for a part time (80%, 32h per week) Communications Officer. The place of work is located in Berlin, Germany.
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes trans and other organisations that support or work for the rights of all trans people across Europe. The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to be a powerful advocacy organisation for trans rights in Europe and beyond.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for TGEU’s external communications. This will include coordinating and implementing TGEU’s media work, newsletter, website and social media; supporting TGEU’s campaigning activities and managing the production of publications.
The Communications Officer reports to the Executive Director.
Key responsibilities are to
- develop and implement a communication and media strategy,
- draft TGEU media releases and statements,
- establish and maintain contacts with relevant international and national media and stakeholders,
- take care of TGEU’s social media presence,
- further develop and update TGEU’s web-sites ,
- coordinate the layout and printing process of publications,
- develop and maintain the organization’s visual identity,
- support TGEU’s campaigning activities and
- cooperate with the TGEU team, taking over other necessary tasks.
Desired profile of the applicant
The Communications Officer should have a demonstrated record in human rights work, campaigning and communications and a strong interest and expertise in trans and LGBI activism. The officer should have a high commitment to promoting the aims of TGEU.
- University degree, preferably in communications, media related subject or equivalent, is highly desirable
- At least three years of professional experience in the areas of communications, media and campaigning
- At least three years of work experience in a national or preferably international non-governmental organisation
- Established contacts with relevant media, preferably to European level media
- Work experience in LGBTI or human rights related fields is highly desirable
- Experience in conceptualizing and developing media work
- Profound experience in using social media as a communication tool
- Professional experience in web-site development and content management, preferably for multilingual sites (in WordPress) is desirable
- Coordination of the layout and printing process of publications
- Experience in maintaining a corporate identity
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Good knowledge of another European language is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Spanish is desirable
- Excellent communicator
- Profound technical knowledge of social media
- Ability to support complex working processes
- Familiarity with intercultural and international approaches
- Ability to manage a high work load
- Sound ability to work with individuals and diverse teams
- An 80% (32h per week) position starting on July 1st , 2015 for an initial period of two years with a possibility to prolong the position contingent on availability of funding
- A motivated team that will allow you to implement your own ideas
- The possibility to work for Europe’s leading trans human rights NGO
- Salary between 30.000-33.000€ per annum depending on experience and skills
- Relocation support to Berlin
Anonymized Application Procedure
Please use the TGEU application pack which can be downloaded here.
TGEU is an equal opportunities employer and strives to avoid discrimination and less favourable treatment, including in our own procedures. Therefore, TGEU conducts an anonymized application procedure in which personal details, such as name, disability, race, religion, age, place of birth and residence, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, bodily diversity or any other characteristics irrelevant for the qualification of an applicant, are not known to the team that shortlists candidates.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS THAT INCLUDE A CV WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You will be asked to provide these at a later stage in the process.
Job interviews are scheduled to take place in Berlin on June 5 or June 10 2015.
In case you have questions in relation to the application procedure, the position or TGEU please send your inquiry to email@example.com.
Please send your application before May 4, 2015 noon CET to firstname.lastname@example.org.