Notice of vacancy
Community Building internship at TGEU
21:00 Moscow, Russia Time
23:59 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Time
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a member-based organisation working primarily in Europe and Central Asia for the rights and lives of trans people. TGEU aims to strengthen the trans movement through advocacy, campaigning, researching, community building, and networking with alliances, and represents more than 112 member organisations in 44 countries.
- Supporting the organisation and development of 2 trainings, an empowerment training and one critical awareness training;
- Developing publications post-trainings;
- Developing partnerships, strategies, and collaborations with new members and other social movements;
- Participating in organisational restructuring;
- Other tasks related to community building.
Considering the internship is 9 months long and that work permits take 2 to 4 months to be issued, we will only consider applicants who are already eligible to work in the EU.
Who are we looking for
For this position, we are looking for a trans activist who has been involved in trans, LGBTI and/or queer organising locally and/or regionally/internationally.
We are looking for someone who applies a (self-)critical approach to their work, includes intersectional perspectives and accumulates a set of skills:
- At least one year of volunteer or paid activism on the local, national or international level (including online activism);
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written); other language is a plus;
- Shown interest in community organising (trainings and events);
- Good logistical skills;
- Intersectional understanding in approach of work;
- Highly comfortable working with communities and activists;
- Sound ability to work individually and within diverse teams;
- Alignment with TGEU values and policies;
- High sense of initiative, and able to manage stressful situations, including a high work load;
- Willing to learn, unlearn, and challenge normative narratives;
- Being involved with another social movement is a plus.
What we offer
- A 100% (40 hours per week) position for 9 months, starting in mid-February 2019 (flexible);
- The possibility to work for the European and Central Asian trans movement;
- A dedicated team that will allow you to implement your ideas;
- Full healthcare plan;
- Salary of 1.600 € per month;
- 750€ of relocation support to Berlin, Germany;
- A pet-friendly office space;
- Access arrangements depending on the needs of the intern;
- German classes (if desired);
Accessibility of TGEU's offices
TGEU’s offices are partially accessible for wheelchair users: there is a steep ramp from the street down to the elevator; once inside, all the rooms are situated on one level and the office doors and corridors are very wide; the toilets are on the same level but the doors are too narrow to allow access when using a wheelchair.
To apply, please download and complete the application pack:
For any questions, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send CVs, degrees or diplomas. Only complete application packs will be considered. Approaching TGEU team members directly might lead to automatic rejection of the application.
7 December 2018
8 January 2019
18 January 2019
21-31 January 2019
1 February 2019
Launch of the call
Deadline for receiving applications, 19:00 CET
Notification only to shortlisted candidates for interviews
Decision communicated to all applicants
Start of position
We guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
Please send your application before 8 January 2019, 19:00 Central European Time.21:00 Moscow, Russia Time
23:59 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Time