Join our team : Community Building Internship 2018
Please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 8 January 2018, 12:00 noon, CET, Berlin, Germany time.
Download the call : tgeu.org/TGEU-CommunityInternship-Call
Download the application pack : tgeu.org/TGEU-CommunityInternship-Application
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a trans-led member organisation working for the rights of trans people and supporting trans communities across Europe and Central Asia. The network has more than 100 member organisations in 42 countries.
To strengthen its capacities, TGEU is looking for a Community Building Intern for 6 months. This internship will take place in Berlin, Germany, as of February 1st, 2018.
In order to increase representation and expertise in our work, we encourage trans and/or queer; black people and people of colour, D/deaf and disabled people, people with a migration background, sex workers; and trans women and gender-non-conforming people to apply. We support applicants to mention their background and experiences in their application, and we guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
The intern will work closely with Akim, our Community Building Officer, to support TGEU’s work on movement building.
This collaboration will include different activities, such as being part of:
- Supporting the organisation and the development of the upcoming European Transgender Council in Antwerp, Belgium, in June 2018 (250-300 participants)
- Supporting the work of TGEU’s membership
- Developing partnerships, strategies, and collaborations with new members and other social movements
- Strategising regional networks for trans activists
- Organising and delivering a facilitation trainings for trans activists in 2018
- Other tasks related to community and movement building
The role will include some international travel, as well as both administrative and content-related work.
Considering the internship is 6 months long and that work permits take 2 to 4 months to be issued, we will only consider applicants who are already eligible to work in the EU.
Who are we looking for?
For this internship, we are looking for an activist who has been involved in trans and/or queer communities organising locally, nationally, and/or regionally. This could be through paid or volunteer work (organising or creating support groups, events, political meetings, direct actions, campaigns, and/or other trans and queer related activism).
We are looking for someone who has experience with and/or knowledge of:
- Community organising
- Organising and delivering trainings
- Event managing experience
- Anti-oppression work
Important skills needed:
- Good English skills (speaking and writing)
- Being comfortable working both in teams and independently (with appropriate support)
- Being open-minded, critical, and flexible
- The ability to deal with stressful situations
Other skills that would be useful in this role but are not a must:
- Being involved with other social movements
- Knowledge of other languages
- Experience in developing partnerships and/or memberships
What do we offer?
- An 80% (32 hours per week) position for six months, starting on 1st February 2018
- Salary of 1.225 € per month
- Health insurance
- Relocation support to Berlin, Germany
TGEU’s offices are partially accessible for wheelchair users: there is a steep ramp from the street down to the lift; once inside, all the rooms are on one level and the office doors and corridors are very wide; the toilets are on the same level but the doors are too narrow to allow access when using a wheelchair.
If you need this call or the application form in another format, please contact us.
If you need assistance to fill in your application by phone, please call Annaluise during day time at +49 30 5360 2665 (our offices will be closed from 23 December 2017 to 1 January 2018).
If you have any questions about the accessibility of the office, the application, or the internship, please email email@example.com
How can you apply?
Please do NOT send CVs, copies of degrees or transcripts.
Contacting any of TGEU’s team members about the internship will automatically discard your application.