Download the call as a PDF document (Arial, pt.14) here: http://tgeu.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/DDeaf_Disability-meeting.pdf
Download the call as a word document (Arial, pt.14) here: http://tgeu.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/DDeaf_Disability-meeting.doc
TGEU invites you to apply to participate in an
Expert Meeting on D/deaf and Disabled Trans Experiences
12-14 July, Berlin
Deadline for applications: 12 June 2017
Applications are sought from individual activists and organisational representatives to attend an Expert Meeting on D/deaf and Disabled Trans Experiences from 12th to 14th July, 2017 in Berlin, Germany. The meeting marks the beginning of a series of TGEU events building our capacity to advocate for D/deaf or disabled trans people.
Employing a peer-learning approach, participants will share their knowledge and experience with each other and TGEU over three days with the aim of:
- Learning from the D/deaf and disabled rights movements and identify possible intersections of trans and D/deaf/disabled activisms;
- Documenting the challenges to accessing human rights experienced by D/deaf and disabled trans people;
- Identifying the barriers that currently exclude D/deaf and disabled people from TGEU’s activities, membership, and organisational structures.
We are committed to enabling all experts to contribute their knowledge and experience, and to challenge each other and TGEU to make the meeting as productive as possible.
Who should apply?
We are eager to receive applications from D/deaf and disabled trans people, particularly individuals who:
- have experience of D/deaf and disabled and/or trans activism, or;
- have experience in relevant policy, human rights, lobbying, government or law, or;
- have experience of delivering services to D/deaf and disabled trans people.
We also seek applications from:
- Representatives of organisations who advocate for, deliver services to, or lobby on behalf of D/deaf and disabled people.
For funding reasons, this meeting is reserved to people from EU Member States, but in exceptional cases representatives from other countries will be considered.
Experts should be able to participate for the full duration of the three-day meeting and work in either English or sign language.
Date and Place of the Meeting
- Date: 12 – 14 July 2017
- Place: Berlin, Germany
- Arrival: 12 July before 12 noon
- Departure: 14 July not before 2 pm
Travel costs will be reimbursed by TGEU following full attendance at the meeting. Upon selection, participants are expected to make their own travel arrangements by the cheapest mode of transport available and accessible to them (economy class airfare or 2nd class train). Should your costs exceed 300 EUR, confirmation should be sought prior to booking/purchasing the ticket.
Meals and accommodation
We will cover the accommodation for three nights and meals from the lunch of 12 July to the evening of 14 July inclusive. Any other costs related to meals and accommodation outside of these times will have to be covered by the participant unless previously agreed.
If you require travel and accommodation reimbursement for a Personal Assistant, please seek confirmation from us prior to booking/purchasing the ticket.
As a compensation for each participant in the meeting we will pay 400 EUR. (For German tax-residents this is a non-taxable compensation needing no invoice.)
Please complete the application form on line at: https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/7FQFN97 or over the phone by calling: (Akim Giroux, Operations Officer: +49 (0)30 5360 2605) by 12th June 2017.
If you would like this document or the application form in another format or you have any other question regarding the Expert Meeting or the application process, please get in touch with Mari-Liis Sepper, Policy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The result of your application will be announced by 15th June 2017.