What is facilitation?
This Facilitation Toolkit is written by Nim Ralph and Nadia Vogel, who also led our facilitation team at the 7th European Transgender Council. The Facilitation Toolkit takes a power-critical approach to facilitation and includes brief guides on understanding power, dealing with conflict, understanding different kinds of learning styles and how to make space for these in your sessions, as well as considering access needs while facilitating or preparing sessions. It also includes a practical guide to structure and run sessions, while including ideas and examples of useful icebreakers and energisers.
- Facilitation: quick steps;
- Introduction to facilitation;
- How to structure and run a session;
- Icebreakers, energisers, and temperature check;
- Different formats for running sessions;
- Understanding power;
- Conflict tips;
- Considering access.
Illustrations by Rory Midhani.