Capacity strengthening of our membership is one of our core purposes at TGEU. In response to members’ requests and feedback, we are happy to invite you to an in-person Fundraising training.
You want to deepen your understanding of organisational sustainability and wellbeing? You want to learn more about fundraising, and what to do to strengthen your organisation’s financial skills? Then, this training has been designed for you! Spots are limited, so make sure to apply on time.
The training will take place at the TGEU’s office in Berlin, Germany, from Friday 10 June to Sunday 12 June 2022. After two long years of online meetings, it is finally time for us to meet in person again!
What's in it for you?
With a cohort of 15 peers, you will dive into an ambitious programme:
- DAY 1 REFLECT on organisational sustainability: how to build strong foundations centering on individual and collective wellbeing?
- DAY 2 LEARN about fundraising strategies: how to build a smart fundraising strategy informed by your organisational needs?
- DAY 3 IMPLEMENT what you’ve learned on grant writing and fundraising: how to develop impactful projects and alternative funding methods?
You will receive a fundraising toolkit and a personal workbook to reflect on your learnings and next steps.
Beyond the series of training, TGEU’s Community Building team will provide support to your fundraising projects.
Deadline: Sunday 17 April 2022
To participate in this training, you must:
- Identify as trans or gender non-conforming (or other words for describing that);
- Be based and/or operate in the European Union;
- Be a member of TGEU, or applying to become one;
- Be active in trans activism and/or social justice;
- Be able to attend the full series of training.
Good to note: Priority will be given to trans people who are from marginalised communities and underrepresented countries. Feel free to share more about your background when applying. All information will be held confidentially.
- The training will be held in English.
- Some sessions will be co-facilitated with external experts (to be confirmed).
- Upon request, a personal assistant can be covered by TGEU to join the participant’s attendance.
- The space is unfortunately not as accessible for wheelchair-users as we would like it to be. Get in touch for more information on measurements and arrangements.
- Further access needs can be communicated in the application form. We cannot guarantee we can cater for everything, but will try our best to provide it.
Reimbursement and costs
Accommodation, travel costs, and food are fully covered. Travels are to be advanced by the participant and reimbursed after the training. In case this is not possible, TGEU will book transportation.
More on TGEU
TGEU is a European-based umbrella organisation supporting, fighting, and advocating for the rights of trans people across Europe and Central Asia. TGEU is committed to intersectional justice and trans rights through advocacy, campaigning, researching, community building, and networking with alliances. The organisation represents 183 members organisations in 48 countries.