Trans feminine emerging leaders,
join the Trans Feminine Leaders Academy!
Trans feminine emerging leaders are invited to this programme that seeks to enhance their sustainable organising skills and leadership capacity.
If you lead or you wish to lead local or regional trans movements, advocate effectively on behalf of your community, and support the advancement of trans people rights and wellbeing in the EU, this is the right programme for you!
The Trans Feminine Leaders Academy is not just a training. It is a long-year programme tailored specially for its participants.
After the selection, we want to know you better, and understand how we can boost your leadership skills!
In the Trans Feminine Leaders Academy, you will find:
- A 3-day in person training series (10-12 August 2022)
- Consultations with experts to support your projects (end of 2022 to mid-2023)
- Peer-learning and a final retreat for the leaders (Spring 2023)
What is in it for you?
- Courses designed by specialised experts who are also trans activists;
- A cohort of trans feminine leaders and networks of diverse activists;
- Tools and resources to help you define your personal leadership purpose, in alignment with the purpose of your organisation (or soon-to-be-created organisation!);
- Skills to face community challenges, leading teams and projects, and dealing with complexity, while taking care of yourself and your community;
- A supportive TGEU team!
By the end of the Academy, you will have stronger skills to support your fight against gender inequalities, gender-identity discrimination, and to contribute to our shared journey to achieve the full enjoyment of Human Rights by trans folks!
To join the Trans Feminine Leaders Academy you must:
- Self-identify as a trans feminine person;
- Be a member of TGEU (or be applying to become one);
- Be based in and/or operate in the European Union;
- Be able to attend the full programme*
- … that’s it!
* This includes not only the upcoming training, but also the mentoring programme and final retreat in 2023.
Good to note: Priority will be given to those who are from marginalised communities and underrepresented countries. Feel free to share more about your background when applying. All information will be held confidentially.
How to apply?
Send your application by filling the online form (approximately 15 minutes) by Sunday 1 May.
If selected, our Community Building team will reach out to you in May and invite you to a quick check-in. No panic! This will just be an opportunity for us to get to know you, your challenges and priorities. We will discuss about what you need in your leadership journey and this will directly inform the design of the training in August
- The language of the programme will be English.
- All travel, accommodation, and food costs related to the training and retreat will be covered by TGEU.
- The programme will be co-designed and co-facilitated by trans feminine activists.
- Further access needs can be communicated in the application form. We cannot guarantee we can cater for everything, but will try our best to provide it.
More on TGEU
TGEU is a European-based umbrella organisation supporting, fighting, and advocating for the rights and wellbeing of trans people across Europe and Central Asia. TGEU is committed to intersectional justice and trans rights through advocacy, campaigning, researching, community building, and networking with alliances. The organisation represents more than 183 member organisations in 48 countries.