Notice of vacancy
Health Officer at TGEU
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is looking for a part time (80%, 32h/week) Health Officer starting mid-February 2019, for an initial period of 12 months.
21:00 Moscow, Russia Time
23:59 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Time
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a member-based organisation working primarily in Europe and Central Asia for the rights and lives of trans people. TGEU aims to strengthen the trans movement through advocacy, campaigning, researching, community building, and networking with alliances, and represents more than 112 member organisations in 44 countries.
The Health Officer will be working in the Policy Team and reporting to the Strategic Director. They will be responsible to develop and implement TGEU’s policy and advocacy work predominantly with European institutions (EU, CoE, OSCE) in the areas of:
- Trans Depathologisation (also includes global work);
- Insurance coverage;
- Marginalised groups’ access to healthcare;
- Work with member organisations to support the creation of trans-specific healthcare protocols on the national level that are holistic, person-centred and based on informed consent;
- Identify and promote good practices in the delivery of progressive trans healthcare;
- Advocate towards international, European, and national level stakeholders for trans depathologisation;
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies on insurance coverage in healthcare for trans people;
- Build on the collaboration with D/deaf and disabled trans rights groups;
- Contribute to the development of the TGEU strategic plan 2019 – 2022;
- Contribute to the development of TGEU internal structures during the interim phase 2019;
- Take over other tasks as required.
Who are we looking for
- At least two years of experience in the areas of policy, advocacy or European Institutions work;
- At least two years of experience in a national or preferably international organisation;
- Work or volunteer experience in LGBTI and/or human rights related fields is desired.
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Good knowledge of another European language is highly desired;
- Knowledge of the European human rights framework is desirable;
- Ability to support complex working processes;
- Intersectional understanding in approach of work;
- Willing to learn, unlearn, and challenge normative narratives;
- Highly comfortable with working with policy makers, partners, and external stakeholders;
- Comfortable speaking in public;
- Ability to manage a high work load;
- Sound ability to work individually and within diverse teams;
- Indisputable work ethics;
- Alignment with TGEU values and policies;
- High sense of initiative, and able to manage stressful situations;
- Reporting skills for funding and external communication.
What we offer
- A 80% (32 hours per week) position for an initial period of 24 months, starting in mid-February 2019 (flexible);
- The possibility to work for the European and Central Asian trans movement;
- A dedicated team that will allow you to implement your ideas;
- Full healthcare plan;
- Gross salary of 32.160 € per year;
- 1.500 € of relocation support to Berlin, Germany, if needed;
- A pet-friendly office space;
- Access arrangements depending on the needs of the employee, including remote working and flexible hours;
- German classes (if desired);
- Monthly counselling/coaching sessions.
Accessibility of TGEU's offices
TGEU’s offices are partially accessible for wheelchair users: there is a steep ramp from the street down to the elevator; once inside, all the rooms are situated on one level and the office doors and corridors are very wide; the toilets are on the same level but the doors are too narrow to allow access when using a wheelchair.
To apply, please download and complete the application pack:
Please do not send CVs, degrees or diplomas. Only complete application packs will be considered. Approaching TGEU team members directly might lead to automatic rejection of the application.
7 December 2018
8 January 2019
18 January 2019
21-31 January 2019
1 February 2019
Launch of the call
Deadline for receiving applications, 19:00 CET
Notification only to shortlisted candidates for interviews
Decision communicated to all applicants
Start of position
We guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
Please send your application before 8 January 2019, 19:00 Central European Time.21:00 Moscow, Russia Time
23:59 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Time