Notice of vacancy
Operations Officer at TGEU
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is looking for a part time (80%, 32h/week) Operations Officer starting mid-February 2019, for an initial period of 24 months.
21:00 Moscow, Russia Time
23:59 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Time
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a member-based organisation working primarily in Europe and Central Asia for the rights and lives of trans people. TGEU aims to strengthen the trans movement through advocacy, campaigning, researching, community building, and networking with alliances, and represents more than 112 member organisations in 44 countries.
- support the Operations Director in financial administration including the preparation of accountancy documents;
- provide logistical support to statutory meetings (Steering Committee, Executive Board, General Assembly, etc.), TGEU’s projects as well as seminars, meetings and trainings organised by TGEU including:
- supporting the short-listing of participants;
- booking of tickets where required;
- arranging of accommodation and catering where required;
- preparing of travel reimbursements.
- ensure smooth office operations.
- see to the membership administration which includes the billing of membership fees, updating membership list, maintaining membership and trans-info e-mail lists;
- to implement other tasks as required by the Executive Team.
Who are we looking for
- Demonstrated record in administration work preferably including finance administration;
- Work or volunteer experience in LGBTI and/or human rights related fields is desired.
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Good knowledge of German;
- Good knowledge of another European language is highly desired;
- Knowledge in accounting or bookkeeping;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Excel;
- Ability to support complex working processes;
- Familiarity with intercultural and international approaches;
- Ability to manage a high work load;
- Intersectional understanding in approach of work;
- Willing to learn, unlearn, and challenge normative narratives;
- Sound ability to work individually and within diverse teams;
- Alignment with TGEU values and policies;
- High sense of initiative, and able to manage stressful situations, including a high work load;
What we offer
- A 80% (32 hours per week) position for an initial period of 24 months, starting in mid-February 2019;
- The possibility to work for the European and Central Asian trans movement;
- A dedicated team that will allow you to implement your ideas;
- Full healthcare plan;
- Gross salary of 29.760 € per year;
- 1.500 € of relocation support to Berlin, Germany, if needed;
- A pet-friendly office space;
- Access arrangements depending on the needs of the employee, including remote working and flexible hours;
- German classes (if desired);
- Monthly counselling/coaching sessions.
Accessibility of TGEU's offices
TGEU’s offices are partially accessible for wheelchair users: there is a steep ramp from the street down to the elevator; once inside, all the rooms are situated on one level and the office doors and corridors are very wide; the toilets are on the same level but the doors are too narrow to allow access when using a wheelchair.
To apply, please download and complete the application pack:
Please do not send CVs, degrees or diplomas. Only complete application packs will be considered. Approaching TGEU team members directly might lead to automatic rejection of the application.
7 December 2018
8 January 2019
18 January 2019
21-31 January 2019
1 February 2019
Launch of the call
Deadline for receiving applications, 19:00 CET
Notification only to shortlisted candidates for interviews
Decision communicated to all applicants
Start of position
We guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
Please send your application before 8 January 2019, 19:00 Central European Time.21:00 Moscow, Russia Time
23:59 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Time