Be part of something big!
Join Europe's first Trans Leaders Academy!
In September 2021, TGEU is launching the Trans Leaders Academy, the first-ever e-learning platform for emerging trans activists in Europe. The academy aims at supporting, connecting, and elevating a new generation of trans leaders.
The academy will kick off with a series of courses on trans leadership developed by trans experts. As a participant, you will be able to follow, at your own pace, courses in various formats, such as videos, quizzes, and external resources, to strengthen your skills to sustainably lead and organise as a trans activist and leader.
In addition, the opportunity will be given to 15 activists to join a peer-support group for trans leaders. This group will be an opportunity to strengthen capacities, resources, and networks key for emerging trans leaders. We are looking for activists who are actively engaged in their communities and committed to creating tangible solutions to the challenges facing trans movements. Each selected participant will be invited to join a peer support group and to meet 3 times with the goal of:
- Collectively identifying skills and interests – your superpowers! (22 September 2021)
- Dive into the complexity of your challenges as emerging leaders (13 October 2021)
- Supporting you in creating a personal development plan for 2022 to best serve your communities (3 November 2021)
These cohort meetings will be facilitated by an external expert and followed up on by an individualised coaching session per trainee.
What's in it for you?
- A clear personalised action plan for your leadership journey;
- Tools and resources to define your personal leadership purpose, in alignment with the purpose of your organisation (or soon-to-be-created organisation!);
- Skills to face community challenges, leading teams and projects, and dealing with complexity, while taking care of yourself and your community;
- Leadership strategies for driving organisational change and preparing for the future;
- A group of supporting peers!
This programme is a great opportunity to receive direct support tailored to your needs from our Community Building team. We also hope to bring all leaders in one space to connect, network, and share experiences once we are all able to travel and meet.
To be selected and join the Trans Leaders Support Group you must:
- Identify as trans or gender non-conforming (or other words for describing that);
- Commit to taking part in the full series of leadership training;
- Commit to attending the 3 support group meeting;
- Be a member of TGEU;
- Be based in Europe.
More about TGEU
TGEU is a European-based umbrella organisation supporting, fighting, and advocating for the rights of trans people across Europe and Central Asia. TGEU is committed to intersectional justice and trans rights through advocacy, campaigning, researching, community building, and networking with alliances. The organisation represents more than 166 member organisations in 47 countries.